Options for This Page
Jan 11, 2007
Short Attention Span Bio
for Daniel Will-Harris:
(I apologize for not being able to say all this with icons alone)
* Writer (over 1 million books served, my SchmoozeLetter e-mail newsletter has over 30,000 opt-in subscribers)
* Designer (Web, Logos, Book Covers)
* Editor (books, web sites, screenplays)
* Typography expert, created www.EsperFonto.com
* Product & fashion designer: See my unique wristwatch designs. Currently working on two clothing lines.
* Consultant (jaw-dropping clients include Gene Roddenberry, William F. Buckley, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Disney Studios, HannaBarbera... and the lovely “Many More.”
* Video tutorial host (have been packaged with Dr. Ruth and Prince)
* Web architect (worked with IBM’s Strategic Web Design Group)
* This site receives over 250,000 unique visitors a month
* Actor (I’ve been in three movies and also sing and dance but who’se counting)
* Clients include: Addison Wesley, The Alaska Federation of Natives, Bitstream, Columbia Pictures Television, Corel, IBM, Industrial Light & Magic, LinkTV, Microsoft, NetObjects, Peachpit Press, Prentice Hall, Simon & Schuster, the State of California, The Government of Sweden, Twentieth Century Fox, The Walt Disney Company, WordPerfect, ViaFone, and Xerox.
for Daniel Will-Harris
(Suitable for printing! Saving! Selling it on eBay!)
I’m a writer, graphic designer and bon vivant who believes in the power of love and chocolate. My humorous email www.SchmoozeLetter.com goes to over 30,000 lucky subscribers (you could be 30,001). The stories have been collected into my latest book, "My Wife & Times," which the wife in question personally presented to Prince Charles and Camilla.
My expertise is in “content” (what used to be called “Writing, images, music ‘n stuff”) as well as design. I create concepts and campaigns as well as art direct and produce them. I have edited magazines in print and online, and managed large staffs of creative contributors.
I was one of the earliest desktop publishing experts, having written the very first book about Desktop Publishing with a PC.
I created some of the first sites on the web, including this one, which was one of the first 5,000 on the internet. This site, yes, this one, receives an average of 250,000 unique visitors per month.
I’ve written and produced seven books that have collectively sold over a million copies worldwide. I’ve designed books and covers for publishers including Simon & Schuster, Prentice Hall and Addison-Wesley. My work has been featured in books in the US, Europe and Japan.
I’ve written for numerous international magazine articles about graphic design, web design and typography.
My clients include: Addison Wesley, The Alaska Federation of Natives, Bitstream, Columbia Pictures Television, Corel, IBM, Industrial Light & Magic, LinkTV, Microsoft, NetObjects, Peachpit Press, Prentice Hall, Simon & Schuster, the State of California, The Government of Sweden, Twentieth Century Fox, The Walt Disney Company, WordPerfect, ViaFone, and Xerox.
I have 10 years of experience with web design and information architecture and have consulted with IBM on information architecture through their Strategic Web Design Group in New York.
I designed some of the first third party templates for graphic design software, all the page layout templates that ship with Corel Draw, as well as templates for Microsoft products.
I created www.eFuse.com, NetObjects' friendly place to learn how to build a better web site. I originated the concept, edited, designed and built site which opened December 1998. Industry analysts called eFuse.com "one of the most interesting sites on the web, period." The site improved product sales by 75% and still gets excellent traffic and high customer response despite not having been updated in four years!
I created the EsperFonto typeface select system, licensed by HP and Corel. Esperfonto is the only typeface selection system designed around the way experienced designers really choose type—by impression (not by style). The system is available in beta format on the web at www.esperfonto.com . I’ve designed typefaces and have served as an expert witness regarding typography in Federal Court.
I have written and hosted a best-selling series of instructional videos on design, typography and specific software applications. My videos were packaged with products by the artist once again known as Prince, and Dr. Ruth (it's true, even I couldn’t make up such a thing).
My product designs include: a line of wristwatches, including designs commissioned by MoMA, and the Jewish Museum in New York; a upcoming clothing line for Under Cover; and a line of "souvenirs of imaginary places."
My humorous email www.SchmoozeLetter.com goes to over 30,000 lucky subscribers (you could be 30,001). The stories have been collected into his latest book, "My Wife & Times"
I work with clients all around the world and is skilled at getting the job done on time and on or under budget using e-mail and web-based meeting tools.