This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that ThisNext does not own or control, or to individuals that ThisNext does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information About Users Does ThisNext Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, personalized and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our Web site. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We collect the following types of information from our users:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of various features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as:
* Registration: In order for you to use ThisNext services, such as submitting new product picks or lists to the Web site, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address.
2. Automatic Information:
* We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. ThisNext automatically receives and records certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, ThisNext cookie information and the page you requested. ThisNext uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the Web site.
* ThisNext may also add on any page display various metrics such as number of products, number of lists, number of times you have earned feedback or other related metrics. This includes member profile pages, logged-in homepages, and shopcast lists.
Social sharing of data
* ThisNext allows other users to browse product picks and shopcast lists that you have created. This information is made available via your member profile (www.ThisNext.com/by/screenname), on ThisNext badges or on the ThisNext blog. ThisNext may choose to post this data on other site features in the future.
* Profile information: ThisNext allows other users to browse your full name, bio and other profile details should you provide this optional information.
* Syndication: ThisNext allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Web site.
* API: ThisNext will allow 3rd parties access to all ThisNext data this is already publicly available through ThisNext.com. ThisNext will forever keep private passwords and blog settings and other personally identifiable information.
What About Cookies?
Will ThisNext Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
* Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if ThisNext, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
* Protection of ThisNext and Others:
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of ThisNext, our employees, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
* With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is Information About Me Secure?
* Your ThisNext account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
* Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your personal information on our Web site and correct, amend or delete information that is inaccurate. Upon logging in visit your user profile setting page located at: http://www.thisnext.com/edit/profile/
What Choices Do I Have?
* As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our Web site, such as posting new links.
* You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information About Users Does ThisNext Collect?" section above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
* As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Can Children Use ThisNext's Services?
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the ThisNext Web site. As a result, ThisNext does not specifically collect information about children.
Conditions of Use