I spend too much time on Flickr. For serious! It's cool. Except when it crashes. Don't steal the images please!
I was beginning to think that the possible acquisition of my favorite photoshare site by the evil empire was going to lead flickr into suckr... but with the advent of a deal between flickr and Getty Images, I'm thinking again, and am all too happy to have paid my membership fees a few days ago (again) so's that I'm all pro over there and stuff. And, of course, flickr also always has its free service, which is also awesome. If you are not slow, you likely already flickr. But if you don't, why don't you?
Flickr is a great photo sharing tool. It is also a good way to back up your photos, as I recently learned when my hard drive crashed. Definitely spring for the Pro. Great tool and addictive!
Maybe your New Year's resolution is to finally organize your family photos... Perhaps you want to find a hostess gift that is useful for once.... Do your kids have a digital camera? Would you like to encourage creativity? Are you tired of the time and money you spend printing and sending out holiday photos or post-party pictures to attendees? Did you forget to buy a present and need something ASAP? flickr. Whether you utilize the ample storage of a free account or purchase a $25 Pro Upgrade as a present for yourself or someone you know, this is one of the best sites online for organizing, sharing, printing and customizing gifts that utilize your digital images. So instead of printing and mailing all of the Christmas Eve pictures to Aunt Edna, email her your online gallery address and let her pick the sizes she wants. And be sure to check out the online groups on flickr. You can explore the world and your personal interests from your own desk. Consider buying a Pro Account for your teenager or husband and using the print-out as a fabulous stocking stuffer. Or wrapping it in a lovely ribbon and presenting it to the hostess of a holiday party you attended. She'll be thrilled to have such an easy way to share the pictures from that night- and other attendees can upload their for her as well. It's a great thing, flickr. Really great.
- Lifestyle Tschotskes
- Don't Forget the L'il People: Stuff for Offspring
- Holidays '08: Stocking Stuffers for Kids
- Party On, Wine: Host and Hostess Gifts
- Holidays '08: Very Last Minute Gifts
- Holidays '08: The Under $25 List
- Holidays '08: Stocking Stuffers for Men
- Holidays '08: Unusual Gifts
- Holidays '08: Stocking Stuffers for Women
- Holidays '08: The Ohhh Baby! List
- Holidays '08: Gifts for Teens
- Holidays '08: The Cool Toys List
- Holidays '08: Gifts for Artsy Fartsy Crafters
- Ho Ho Ho '08
- Holidays '08: Gifts for Men
- Byte Me: Computer Stuff/Weird & Wonderful Websites
- Cool "Pretend Play" Toys
- Get Your Ass in Gear: New Year's Resolutions
- Cool Toys: $30 or Less
- Holidays '08: The Office Kris Kringle List
- Holidays '08: Toys for Big Boys
- Holidays '08: The One List You NEED
- Holidays '08: Gifts for Women